Today in class we continued our rhetorical appeal activity, introduced rhetorical context, and discussed how rhetorical contexts affects writing in different media.
Week 1 Day 2
- Read A&B 7-12 and 42-50
- Create a blog for class and submit the URL via email
- Blog entry 1
Today in class we reviewed material for the upcoming quiz and discussed globalization, memetics, cultural artifacts, and reflection.
Week 1 Day 2
- Blog entry 2
- Prompt: Reflect on how has globalization affected your life
- Now that you have a better understanding of globalization, take a few minutes to consider how it may have had a significant effect on your life. This could be related to far away cultures you experienced, impacts of media from other countries, goods and services you acquired from different places, or even what motivated you to study in the United States.
- You should consider the main questions for reflection:
- How did I feel about the experience?
- Why did I act/react/feel the way I did with this experience?
- What can I learn from the experience?
- How can I use what I have learned from this experience in the future?
Today in class we introduced ourselves, discussed the expectations and major assignments of the class, reflected on our past writing experiences, and began developing our online blogs for the class.
Week 1 Day 1
- Review class syllabus
- Obtain class textbook: Ideas & Aims, by Tim Taylor & Linda Copeland, published by Pearson ISBN: 9780321956033
- Create your online blog, email me the URL (email: NAnde014@fiu.edu), and upload your Blog Entry 1