Today in class we introduced research writing and strategies for evaluating and discussing sources.
Week 8 Day 1
Today in class we wrapped up and reflected on unit 1 and transitioned into unit 2. To start out unit 2, we introduced the 3 rhetorical appeals and discussed strategies for persuasion and making arguments.
Week 3 Day 1 PowerPoint
- Literacy Narrative—Final Draft
- Due Tonight 7/8 by midnight
- Turnitin.com submissions only. Paper copies not accepted
- 1,000+ words. Make sure to include concrete and figurative language!
- Read A&B p. 51-57, 75-81
Today in class we shared and reviewed our research results and reflected on our primary research experiences. We also began looking at different structures and strategies for discussing research in informative writing while maintaining objectivity and ethos.
Week 9 Day 2 PowerPoint
- Informative Article First Draft
- Due Friday 7/10
- 500+ words
- Should include primary research results and 2+ secondary sources
- Focus on visual rhetoric, document design, and introduction