Today in class we had our second grammar lesson dealing with strategies for formal writing in English.
Week 6 Day 2
- WTI- Draft 2
- 300+ words and nearing completion
- Submitted to Turnitin.com before Thursday’s class
- Printed copy brought to class for peer review
- Should include location of the marker as well as the text
- Make sure to add a Works Cited page
Today in class we introduced ourselves, reviewed the class syllabus and policies, and introduced the concepts of rhetoric and rhetorical context.
Week 1 Day 1 PowerPoint
- Obtain class textbook (Allyn & Bacon Guide to Writing)
- Finish Reading Chapter 1 in A&B by Friday
Today in class we discussed how to draft the last and most important section of our research proposals: the abstract. We also peer reviewed the first draft of our research proposals and wrapped up/reviewed the most important information from unit 2.
Week 7 Day 1 PowerPoint
- Research Proposal Final Draft
- Write your abstract and add this to the final draft
- Due Tuesday 3/23 to Turnitin.com by midnight
- Should include all sections of your research proposal
- Sign up for a class progress conference
- Not mandatory but strongly recommended
- Will go over individual grades for the course and your progress thus far
- Appointments start next week. Most will be brief (<5 minutes) and take place during or directly after class
- Sign up sheet on class website (posted at 5 pm)